Presley & Partners 2017 Community Support and Accomplishments
Presley & Partners are proud to support several community groups through volunteerism and charitable donations.
Our team strives to serve not only our clients but also the community at large throughout the year. 2017 provided our team and company many varied opportunities to help out.
Here are our accomplishments for 2017!
2017 Children’s Miracle Network Campaign
Hospital Veterans Journal
Mayors’ Golf Charity Classic – Treasure Chest Sponsor
Rotary Club of Cumberland – 13th Annual Italiana Gala
Canadian Federation of the Blind – Support for Kids Environmental Book
Whistle Stop Pub – Gold Hole in One
Community Foundation Dinner – sponsor
Comox Valley Community Foundation – Gala Sustaining Sponsor
Driftwood Mall Christmas tree Auction – Yana
Christmas at Crown Isle – Holiday Resort Walk
Comox Valley Chambers – Gala Awards
BC Children’s Hospital – Jeans Day
Coldest Night of the Year
Winterfest 2018 – Bronze level
Vanier Athletics – basketball
Comox Valley Skating Club
Corporate Connections Comox Valley
Junior Achievement BC – Colleen Ellison
- In conjunction with Coast Capital Savings, Collen facilitates the “Dollars with Sense” program in collaboration with the teacher. This provides students with money management skills which they can then use in their daily lives.
Awana (youth group for young girls) – Colleen Ellison
- This is a church based program which helps support young girls under the age of 15 to navigate the world thru the bible.
Comox Valley Community Foundation – Brenda Kelm
- Treasurer for 4 years. The CVCF manages over $12,000,000 in endowments, paying annual income out to numerous local charities as well as scholarships to local students. The foundation has distributed more than $2 million to the community.
Comox Valley Healthcare Foundation (Formerly St. Joseph’s General Hospital Foundation) – Brenda Kelm
- President for two years. The foundation is a not for profit organization that fundraises for local healthcare equipment, comforts for the hospital areas and staff education.
Comox Valley Skating Club – Eric Dawson
- Treasurer – The Comox Valley Skating Club provides skating programs for figure skating, hockey and power skating skills.
Filberg Festival – Yvonne van den Brink
- Treasurer for the past 15 years. The Filberg Festival is the largest annual fundraising event for the Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park Association, which features juried artisans from around the world. This association is a non-profit organization which was established in 1979 and is responsible for maintaining and restoring the lodge and surrounding buildings in the Filberg Park.
Vancouver Island Music Fest – Leslie Hintz
- Merchandise Sales (4 years) – The Vancouver Island Music Fest is an annual music fest held at the Comox Valley Fairgrounds. The festival features unique and amazing musical talent from around the world over the three day event.
Cumberland Rotary – Mike Bannerman
- Treasurer for the Cumberland Rotary – The Rotary of Cumberland is part of a worldwide organization that creates change locally and globally by fundraising and sponsoring projects to enhance the betterment of our world.
North Island College Foundation – Kathryn Jones
- Treasurer since 2016
- Also Vice-Chair as of September 2017 – The North Island College Foundation has for 25 years now been serving NIC by raising awareness and funds that help to support students by providing scholarships and bursaries to local students.
Dawn to Dawn: Action on Homelessness Society – Kristi Meier and Ann Scott
- Treasurer for 3 years until Sept 2017, currently director on the board – Kristi Meier
- Current treasurer – Ann Scott
- Dawn to Dawn is a non-profit organization that provides housing for homeless individuals and families to help them get them off the streets and into long term housing. Since the inception of the program in 2009 the organization has helped over 60 people with their housing needs.